Italian Trifle Recipe
Italian Trifle Recipes
8 sponge fingers
2 tbsp blueberry jam
50ml Marsala or sweet sherry
1 tbsp cornflour
2 egg yolks 2 tbsp sugar
300ml whipping cream
50g chocolate, grated
- Spread the sponge fingers with the
jam and arrange in a glass serving bowl.
- Sprinkle over the Marsala or
sherry and add half of the blueberries.
- Mix a little milk with the
cornflour to make a smooth paste.
- Stir the paste into the rest of
- Pour into a saucepan and bring to
the boil, stir, as the milk thickens; when it is boiling and smooth,
remove it from the heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a
large bowl until they are light and creamy.
- Add the thickened milk to the
beaten egg mixture, whisking all the time.
- Blend well and pour over the
blueberries, then top with the remaining blueberries.
- Allow to cool.
- Softly whip the cream and spread
over the trifle, then top with the grated chocolate.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Custards Pudding Desserts Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |