Pear Cardamom Flan Recipe
Pear Cardamom Flan Recipes
175g plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
100g unsalted butter, diced, extra for
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1-2 tbsp cold water
125g unsalted butter, softened
75g caster sugar
2 small eggs, lightly beaten
75g ground hazelnuts
25g ground rice
seeds from 2 cardamom pods, crushed
1 tsp grated lemon rind
4 tbsp soured cream
3 small firm pears
1 tsp caster sugar
whipped cream (optional)
- Sift the flour and salt into a
bowl, rub in butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sugar, work in the egg
yolk and enough cold water to form a soft dough.
- Knead lightly, wrap in cling film
and chill for 30 minutes.
- Line the pastry case with nonstick
baking paper and baking beans and bake in oven 425F, gas mark 7, 10
- Remove paper and beans and bake
for 10-12 minutes until the pastry is crisp.
- Reduce oven to 350F, gas mark 4.
- Beat together the butter, sugar
for the filling until pale and light and gradually beat in the eggs,
a little at a time until mix.
- Lightly beat in the remaining
ingredients, except the pears.
- Pour the mixture into pastry case.
- Peel and halve the pears and scoop
out the cores.
- Thinly slice each pear lengthways,
transfer the sliced pear halves to the pastry case, arrange neatly
- Bake the flan for 55-60 minutes
until golden and firm in the middle.
- Serve the flan warm, sprinkled all
over with little caster sugar and some whipped cream (optional)
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Flan Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |