Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe
Gajar Ka Halwa Recipes
washed, peeled shredded
cardamoms (choti elaichi), ground
sliced or slivered
- Combine carrots and milk in a pan, bring to boil,
reduce to moderate heat, cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring
continuously, till the mixture is nearly dry.
- Add white sugar, brown sugar and half of the
cardamom, continue stirring.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over moderate heat, fry almonds
- Stir in the carrot mixture along with raisins,
walnuts and ground spices.
- Cook till the mixture (halwa) begins to separate
from the sides.
- Serve hot, garnished with remaining cardamoms.
Serves 10 - 12
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Dessert time : 1 hour
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Indian Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |