Kesar Sandesh Recipe
Kesar Sandesh Recipes
- Roast saffron in a dry pan and
pound to a fine powder.
- Dissolve in hot milk (2 tbsp) and
- Heat milk in a pan over high heat,
bring to a frothing boil, stirring continuously.
- Reduce heat, add lemon juice to
make the milk curdle and the cheese to separate from the whey.
- If it does not, then add another
tbsp of lemon juice.
- Remove from heat and set aside to
- Pour the cheese whey mixture into
a moist cheese cloth, gather the 4 corners of the cloth and rinse
under tap water for 10 minutes.
- Gently twist the cloth to squeeze
out excess water.
- Tip up the corners and hang for
20-23 minutes to allow excess water to drain.
- Unwrap the cheese on a clean work
surface and crumble repeatedly till it becomes fluffy and even.
- Blend in the powdered sugar and
knead till it becomes smooth and grainless.
- Transfer cheese sugar (chenna)
mixture to a heavy bottomed pan, cook for 10-15 minutes until
mixture becomes a little thickened and glossy.
- Divide the mixture into two
- Mix in the dissolved saffron into
one portions till it is thoroughly mixed and turns yellow.
- Divide the yellow chenna mixture
into 2 portions again.
- Spread three alternate layers of
yellow, white and yellow chenna on a buttered tray to form a 1.5" -
2" thick cake.
- Allow to cool and cut into 1.5"
thick squares and serve at room temperature or slightly cooled.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Indian Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |