Lavang Latika Recipe
Lavang Latika Recipes
For the dough :
a few strands
For the filling :
For the sugar syrup:
(soaked in 1 tbsp water)
- Make a well in the center of the sieved flour.
- Put the saffron and oil into the well and
incorporate into the flour.
- Add water gradually and knead to make a hard
- Cover with a wet cloth and allow to rest for 15
- For the stuffing, mix khoya, pistachios, almonds,
powdered clove and powdered sugar.
- Divide into 12 equal portions.
- For the sugar syrup, boil sugar with water till
the sugar is completely dissolved, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and shape
- Roll out each of these balls into 6" diameter
- Place one portion filling in center of each
pancakes, brush the edges with water.
- Fold the pancakes from the right edge to center
and press firmly to seal in the filling.
- Repeat from the left edge, to give a 2" wide
- Keeping the folded side out, make a ring with the
- Brush edges with water and press firmly to seal,
secure with a clove.
- Shallow fry on a very low heat for 8 - 10 minutes
till crisp and golden brown in color.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Dip in hot sugar syrup to submerge completely,
turning gently if required.
- Allow to soak for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and drain excess syrup.
- Arrange neatly on a serving dish and serve.
Preparation time : 35 minutes
Dessert time : 30 minutes
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Indian Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |