Apple Cake Recipe
Apple Cake Recipes
4 oz soft brown sugar
4 oz butter
2 eggs. beaten
8 oz self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp mixed spice
1 large cooking apple, peeled and cored
2 tbsp milk, to mix
3 tbsp demerara
1/2 tsp mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 180C Gas Mark
4, grease a 8 in deep round cake tin or an 7 in square tin.
- Cream the sugar and butter, add
the eggs and fold in the flour, baking powder, mixed spice and salt.
- Chop half the apple and stir into
the mixture, add enough milk to give a soft dropping consistency.
- Turn the mixture into the cake tin
and level the surface.
- Cut the remaining apple into thin
slices and arrange them over the top of the cake.
- To make the topping, mix together
the demerara sugar and mixed spice.
- Sprinkle it over the apple slices.
- Bake for about 90 minutes, serve
hot or cold, cut into wedges or squares, with cream or ice cream.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |