Boiled Cake Recipe
Boiled Cake Recipes
8 oz sultanas
8 oz raisins or currants
2 oz glace cherries
2 oz mixed peel
6 oz butter
4 oz soft brown sugar
8 oz plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp ground ginger
3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180C Gas Mark
4, grease and base line a 8 in round cake tin.
- Put all the fruit and mixed peel
into a pan and add the butter, sugar and 6 fl oz water.
- Bring to the boil, then boil
gently for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and cool
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of
soda and ginger into a bowl.
- Pour in the boiled mixture and mix
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin
and bake for 75 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly in the tin,
then turn out and cool completely on a wire rack.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |