Butterscotch Pies Recipe
Butterscotch Pies Recipes
6 oz ready-made short crust pastry
4 oz soft brown sugar
4 oz butter
3 tbsp golden syrup
3 tbsp milk
few drops of vanilla essence
2 eggs, separated
3 oz caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C Gas Mark
- On a lightly floured surface, roll
out the pastry and use to line a 8 in flan tin, chill for 15
- Bake blind for 10-15 minutes,
remove the paper and baking beans and bake for another 10-15
minutes, until firm and pale golden.
- Reduce the oven temperature to
150C Gas Mark 2.
- Put the brown sugar, butter,
golden syrup, milk and vanilla essence in a heatproof bowl set over
a pan of gently simmering water and stir until blended.
- Add the egg yolks and beat well.
- Pour the mixture into the baked
- Whisk the egg whites in a large
bowl until stiff.
- Whisk in half the sugar, then fold
in the remaining sugar.
- Spoon or pipe the meringue on top
of the filling.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes,
until the meringue is set and golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold, with whipped
Thickening the butterscotch filling with
egg yolks give the centre of the pie an attractive layered effect when
it is cooked and slied.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |