Irish Whiskey Cake Recipe
Irish Whisky Cake Recipes
12 oz mixed dried fruit
4 tbsp whiskey
6 oz butter
6 oz soft brown sugar
grated zest of 1 orange
3 eggs, beaten
8 oz plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp mixed spice
2 oz ground almonds
- Stock the mixed fruit in the
- Preheat oven to 170C Gas Mark 3,
grease and base line a 8 in cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar until
- Add the orange zest, gradually
beat in the eggs.
- Sift the flour, baking powder,
salt and mixed spice and add to the egg mixture with the fruit and
whisky and the ground almonds.
- Turn the mixture into the cake tin
and bake for 90-120 minutes.
Cover the top of the mixture with
halved glace cherries and sprinkle with demerara sugar before baking, to
give an attractive crunchy topping.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |