Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
Lemon Meringue Pie Recipes
6 oz ready-made short crust pastry
finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
2-3 oz granulated sugar
5 tbsp corn flour
2 eggs, separated
3 oz caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C Gas Mark
- On a lightly floured surface, roll
out the pastry and use to line a 8 in flan tin, chill for 15
- Bake blind for 10-15 minutes,
remove the paper and baking beans and bake for another 10-15
minutes, until firm and pale golden.
- Reduce the oven temperature to
150C Gas Mark 2.
- Put the lemon zest and juice,
granulated sugar and 10 fl oz water in a pan.
- Heat gently until the sugar has
- Mix the corn flour to a smooth
paste with 6 tbsp water and stir it into the lemon mixture.
- Bring to the boil, stirring
continuously, and cook for 1 minute, until thickened.
- Leave to cool slightly, then stir
in the egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large
bowl until stiff.
- Whisk in half the sugar, then fold
in the remaining sugar.
- Pour the lemon filling into the
pastry case and level the surface.
- Pile the meringue on top of the
filling and swirl it with a palette knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the
meringue is set and golden brown.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |