Mincemeat and Apple Pies Recipe
Mincemeat and Apple Pies Recipes
1 quantity rough puff pastry
milk, to glaze
4 oz cooking apple
10 oz mincemeat
1 tbsp brandy (optional)
finely grated zest of 1 small lemon
1/2 tsp mixed spice (optional)
icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 230C Gas Mark
- Grate the cooking apple and mix it
with the mincemeat, brandy, if using, and the lemon zest.
- Add the mixed spice, if using.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll
out the pastry to about 1/8 in thickness.
- Cut out about 20 rounds with 3 in
fluted cutter and the same number of rounds with 2.25 in cutter.
- Line tartlet tins with the larger
rounds and fill with the fruit mixture.
- Dampen the edges and cover with
the pastry lids.
- Brush with milk and bake for 20-25
minutes, until light golden brown.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |