Orange Pudding Recipe
Orange Pudding Recipes
4 oz sprigs
4 oz butter
finely grated zest of 2 oranges
2 eggs, beaten
6 oz self-raising flour
- Cream the sugar and butter until
pale and fluffy.
- Add the grated zest and beaten
eggs, fold in the flour, add enough milk to make a dropping
- Turn the mixture in to a greased
1.5 pint pudding basin, cover with a double layers of greased
greaseproof paper, with a pleat down the centre to allow for
expansion, and a pudding cloth or foil.
- Steam for 90 minutes.
- Just before the pudding is ready,
make the sauce.
- Melt the marmalade in a pan with
the orange juice, bring to the boil, stirring continuously, and boil
for 1 minute.
- Sieve and serve hot with the
For a sharper sauce, replace the oranges
with lemons or 1 lemon and 1 lime.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |