3 egg whites
6 oz caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp corn flour
10 fl oz double cream
12 oz fresh fruit (raspberries,
- Preheat the oven to 150C Gas Mark
- Draw an 7 in circle on a sheet of
non-stick and place the paper marked side down on a baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large
bowl until stiff.
- Whisk in half the sugar, then fold
in the remaining sugar with the vanilla essence, vinegar and corn
- Spread the meringue over the
circle and bake for about 1 hour, until crisp and dry.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool,
then peel off the paper.
- Whip the cream until stiff.
- Place the meringue on a flat
serving plate, spoon the cream on it and arrange the fruit on top.
- Serve immediately.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |