Rhubarb Flan Recipe
Rhubarb Flan Recipes
7 oz plain flour
3.5 oz butter
1 tsp caster sugar
1 small egg, beaten
1 lb rhubarb, washed and cut into 1.5 in
4 oz caster sugar
2 tbsp corn flour
- Preheat the oven to 200C Gas Mark
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl
and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, stir in the beaten
egg and enough water to make a firm, smooth dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll
out the pastry and use to line a 9 in flan tin.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- Bake blind for 10-15 minutes,
remove the paper and baking beans and bake for another 15-20
minutes, until firm and pale golden.
- Place the rhubarb in a pan with 5
fl oz water and simmer gently until soft but not stingy.
- Add the sugar and stir until
- Blend the corn flour with a little
water, stir it into the rhubarb.
- Bring to the boil, stirring
continuously until the mixture thickens.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3
- Pour the rhubarb into the flan
case and leave to cool.
- Serve cool or chilled with cream,
ice cream or custard.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |