Steamed Date Loaf Recipe
Steamed Date Loaf Recipes
6 oz butter
6 oz dark soft brown sugar
6 oz plain flour
1 tbsp sherry
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp mixed spice
freshly grated nutmeg
8 oz currants
8 oz sultanas
2 oz shredded almonds
almond halves, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 150C Gas Mark
2, grease and base line a 7 in round cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar
together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, a little at a time,
beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the sherry.
- Sift the flour with the baking
powder, mixed spice and nutmeg.
- Mix the currants, sultanas and
almonds together and stir 1 tbsp flour into them.
- Lightly stir the flour into the
creamed mixture and then stir in the dried fruit.
- Pour the mixture into the tin,
smooth the top and then decorate with the almond halves.
- Bake for 135-150 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 20
minutes, then turn out and finish cooling on a wire rack.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |