Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Strawberry Shortcake Recipes
8 oz butter, softened
4 oz caster sugar
8 oz plain flour
4 oz corn flour
8 oz strawberries
5 fl oz whipping cream
caster sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 170C Gas Mark
- Grease two 7 in sandwich tins.
- Cream the butter and sugar until
light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour and corn flour or
ground rice and mix well, then knead to form a soft dough.
- Press the mixture into the tins
and bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown.
- Leave to cool in the tins for 10
minutes, then remove from the tins and cool on a wire rack.
- Slice half the strawberries and
lightly crush the remainder with a fork.
- Whip the cream with sugar to
taste, stir the crushed strawberries into the cream.
- Spoon half the cream mixture over
1 shortcake, arrange the strawberry slices on top and spoon the
remaining cream over the top.
- Carefully place the other
shortcake on top and dredge with caster sugar.
- Serve cut into wedges.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |