Sultana Cake Recipe
Sultana Cake Recipes
8 oz butter
8 oz soft brown sugar
4 eggs, beaten
11 oz plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
12 oz sultanas
12 oz raisins
4 oz glace cherries
1 oz ground almonds
zest and juice of 1/2 an orange
zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 160C Gas Mark
2, grease and base line a 9 in round cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar until
- Add the eggs, a little at a time,
beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flour and baking powder
together, then fold into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the fruit, almonds and the
orange and lemon zest and juice.
- Turn the mixture in to the tin and
bake for about 105-120 minutes.
- Cover with a sheet of greaseproof
paper if the cake is browning too fast.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |