Surprise Fairy Cakes Recipe
Surprise Fairy Cakes Recipes
3 oz butter
3 oz caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
6 oz plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
few drops of vanilla essence
3-4 tbsp milk
4 oz mincemeat
icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 200C Gas Mark
6, grease a 12-hole tartlet tin or line the holes with paper cake
- Cream the butter and sugar in a
- Gradually beat in the eggs, fold
in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the vanilla essence, add
enough milk to make a soft dropping consistency.
- Place a little cake mixture in
each tartlet tin or paper case.
- Place a small amount of mincemeat
on top and cover with a little more cake mixture.
- Bake for 2025 minutes, until
- Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar just before
Use jam, lemon curd or marmalade
instead of the mincemeat.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |