Vanilla Table Cream Recipe
Vanilla Table Cream Recipes
2 eggs, separated
1.5 oz caster sugar
1 pint milk
few drops of vanilla essence
1/2 oz powdered gelatine
- Beat the egg yolks, sugar and 3
tbsp of the milk in a bowl until smooth.
- Bring the rest of the milk to the
boil in a pan.
- Pour the hot milk onto the egg
yolks, then strain the mixture into the top of a double boiler or
into a heavy-based saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, until the custard
- Do not allow it to boil, stir in
the vanilla essence.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over 2 tbsp
water in a small bowl and leave to soften.
- Stand the bowl over a pan of
simmering water and stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Stir the gelatine into the
custard, then leave it to cool.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff,
then fold them into the cooled custard.
- Pour the mixture into a wetted 2
pint mould and chill in the refrigerator until set.
- Ready to serve.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |