Onion Tart Recipe
Onion Tart Recipes
125g smoked bacon, rinded and diced
500g onions, finely sliced
25g plain flour
6 tbsp single cream
2 egg yolks
pinch of grated nutmeg
salt and pepper
French flan pastry:
250g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
140g butter, chilled, plus extra for
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp lemon juice
3-4 tbsp iced water
- Make the pastry: sift the flour
and salt together into a mixing bowl.
- Add butter and rub it into the
flour with the fingertips until the mixture resembles fine
- Mix together the egg yolk, lemon
juice and 3 tbsp of the water.
- Add to the mixing bowl and mix
lightly with a fork.
- Gather the dough together with
your hand, if it is too dry and crumbly, add a little more water.
- Turn the dough on to a work
surface, knead by pushing small pieces of it away from you with the
heel of the hand, smearing them on the work surface.
- Continue kneading in this way
until the dough is smooth and elastic and can be easily peeled away
from the work surface.
- Shape into a ball, cover and chill
in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large frying
pan, add the bacon and onions and fry over a low heat until soft and
- Add the flour and cook for 1
minute, stir in the milk and cream and cook, stir, 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and
add the egg yolks and grated nutmeg and season to taste with salt
- Stir well and set aside to cool.
- Grease a 25cm loose-based flan
- Roll out the pastry dough on a
lightly floured surface and use to line the flan tin.
- Prick the base of the pastry with
- Pour the prepared onion mixture
into the pastry case.
- Slide on to a baking tray and cook
in oven, 350F, gas mark 4, 40 minutes until set and golden.
- Ready to serve.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Tarts Desserts Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |