Pease Pudding Recipe
Pease Pudding Recipes
450 g split peas
salt and pepper
50 g butter or dripping
- Soak the peas in cold water
- Drain well, cover in cold water
and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours until
the peas are very soft.
- Drain well.
- Mash the peas and season well.
- Mix with the butter or dripping
and beat in the eggs.
- Put into a greased pudding basin,
cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Turn out, slice and serve.
- If preferred, put the mixture into
a greased pie dish and bake at 350F, Gas 4 for 30 minutes.
A traditional accompaniment to boiled
pork, ham or beef, or to roast pork. The mixture may be boiled or baked.
Serves 4 - 6
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Custards Pudding Desserts Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |