Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Recipes
whole wheat pastry flour
barley flour (or additional whole wheat pastry flour)
double acting non-aluminum baking powder
frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
fresh lemon juice (remove the zest from the lemons before juicing)
pure maple syrup
lemon zest (colored part only; organic if possible)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly oil the bottoms and sides
of 12 muffin cups with canola oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the flour, poppy seeds,
baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir
them with a wire whisk until well combined.
- Place the flaxseeds in a dry
blender and grind them into a powder.
- Add 1/2 cup of the water and blend
until a gummy mixture is achieved, about 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of
water, apple juice concentrate, lemon juice, oil, maple syrup, lemon
zest, and vanilla and process until frothy and well blended, between
1 and 2 minutes.
- Pour into the flour mixture and
mix just until everything is evenly moistened.
- The batter will be stiff.
- Quickly spoon the batter into the
prepared muffin cups, filling each cup almost to the top.
- Bake immediately on the center
shelf of the oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a
muffin comes out clean, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool the muffins in the pan on a
rack for 2 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of
each muffin, then carefully before storing in an airtight container
in the refrigerator for future use.
Fragrant, zesty, crunchy and moist,
these delectable muffins will arouse all your senses.
Makes 1 dozen muffins
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Muffin Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |