Farmhouse Fruit Pie Recipes
Farmhouse Fruit Pie Recipe
cooking apples, cored and sliced
pinch ground cloves
whole meal flour
milk to glaze
- Heat the oven to 200oC (400oF),
- To make the filling, mix together the
oatmeal, spices, and the grated lemon rind and juice.
- Toss the apples in the spice mixture.
- To make the pastry, mix together the
flour and salt and rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles fine
- Mix with just enough water to form a
- Turn on to a lightly floured surface
and knead lightly until smooth.
- Divide in half.
- Roll out one piece and line a 23 cm
- Spread the fruit over the pastry and
dampen the edges.
- Roll out the remaining dough, cover
the pie and brush with milk.
- Trim and pinch the edges together to
- Re-roll the trimmings, cut into
decorative shapes, such as leaves, and place on the pie.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Per Serving : 285 Calories, 14 g fat, 5 g
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Pie Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |