Hot Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipes
Hot Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
6 oz plain flour
1 oz cocoa powder
4 oz unsalted butter
2 oz caster sugar
2 egg yolks
1-2 tbsp cold water
6 oz caster sugar
1/4 pint maple syrup
2 oz unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp cocoa powder
7 oz pecan halves, very lightly chopped
- To make the pastry, sift the flour and
cocoa powder into a bowl.
- Add the butter, cut into small pieces,
and rub in gently with the fingertips until the mixture resembles fine
- Add the sugar, egg yolks and enough
cold water to make a firm dough.
- Knead lightly, then wrap closely and
chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly
floured surface and use to line a greased 9inch X 1inch deep
loose-bottomed flan tin.
- Trim off the excess pastry around the
- Line the pastry case with greaseproof
paper and fill with baking beans or dried beans.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 400F, gas
mark 6, for 10 minutes.
- Lift out the paper and beans and bake
for a further 5 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325F,
gas mark 3.
- To make the filling, put the sugar and
syrup in a small saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the
butter until melted.
- Leave to cool slightly, then stir in
the vanilla extract, cocoa powder and eggs.
- Scatter the chopped pecans in the
pastry case and pour over the syrup mixture.
- Bake for about 50 minutes until just
- Serve sprinkled with cinnamon or icing
sugar, with crème fraiche to accompany it.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Pie Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |