Pumpkin Pie Recipes
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
whole meal plain flour
butter or margarine, cubed
each nutmeg and ground ginger
- To prepare pastry: Sift flours into a
bowl, returning any husks.
- Add butter, rub in using fingertips
until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix yolk, juice and enough cold water
into flour to form a firm but pliable dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Rest in the refrigerator for about 20
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface
to fit a 20cm pie plate.
- Ease pastry into plate.
- Trim and decorate edges.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- To prepare filling: Place pumpkin in a
food processor with cream, egg yolks, sugar and spices.
- Process until smooth, transfer to a
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks
- Fold lightly into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake in a moderate oven 180C (350F)
for 35 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is set.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Pie Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |