Steak and Kidney Pie With Mustard and Bay Gravy Recipe
Steak and Kidney Pie With Mustard and Bay Gravy Recipes
1 lb puff
2 1/2 tbsp
1 1/2 lb
rump steak, cubed
6 oz pork
or lamb kidney
made English mustard
- Roll out two thirds of the pastry on a floured
surface for about 1/8" thick.
- Gently transfer to line a 1 1/2 quart pie dish.
- Place a pie funnel in the middle.
- Put the flour, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss
the cubes of steak in the mixture.
- Remove all fat and skin from the kidneys, and
- Add to the steak cubes and toss well.
- Melt the butter in a pan and fry the onion until
soft, then add the mustard, bay leaves, parsley and stock and stir
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place the steak and kidney in the pie and add the
- Roll out the remaining pastry to a thickness of
- Brush the edges of the pastry forming the lower
half of the pie with beaten egg and cover with the second piece of
- Firmly press the pieces of pastry together to
seal the edge, then trim.
- Use the trimmings to decorate the top in a leaf
- Brush the whole pie with beaten egg and make a
small hole over the top of the funnel.
- Bake for about 1 hour until the pastry is golden
This is a sharpened up, bay flavored version of a
traditional favorite. The fragrant mustard, bay and parsley perfectly
complement the flavor of the beef.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Pie Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |