Almond Slices Recipes
Almond Slices Recipe
15 g icing
mixture of butter and margarine, or butter only
apricot jam, melted, cooled
icing sugar, sifted
1 Grade 3
white of 1 Grade 3 egg
each, almonds and vanilla essences
- For pastry, sift flour, icing sugar
and salt into a bowl.
- Rub in butter and margarine (or butter
only) until mixture looks like a mass of fine breadcrumbs.
- Using a fork, mix to a stiff dough
- Turn out on to a floured surface and
knead lightly until smooth.
- Roll out into a 10 by 6" (25 by 15 cm)
oblong and transfer to a lightly greased baking tray.
- Fork edges to decorate.
- Spread pastry base with jam.
- For topping, mix both sugars with
almonds then bind to a softish paste with egg, egg white and the
- Spread over pastry then sprinkle
evenly with the flaked almonds.
- Bake until golden brown in oven, 375F,
- Allow about 25 minutes.
- Cut into 12 piece when lukewarm then
cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container when
Closely related to Macaroons, these are
one of the highlights of an old English style afternoon tea. And nothing
beats the homemade version.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Slices Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |