Turkish Delight Recipe
Turkish Delight Recipes
unblanched almonds, toasted and coarsely
rosewater or orange-flower water
icing sugar, sifted
few drops red or yellow food color
- Lightly brunch a 20cm square tin
- Soften gelatine in 1/2 cup water .
- Set aside, in a pan, combine sugar
and remaining water.
- Heat slowly until boiling,
stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Boil rapidly to 110C on a sugar
thermometer, or until a teaspoonful of the syrup forms a gel when
dropped into cold water.
- Stir in gelatine mixture until
- Remove from heat, stir in almonds
(if using), flavoring and color.
- Pour mixture into a prepared tin
and cool completely.
- Cut into 2.5cm squares with a
sharp, oiled knife.
- Combine icing sugar and corn
- Toss squares in mixture to coat.
- Place in airtight container,
sprinkling between layers with any remaining sugar mixture.
- Keep cool.
Makes about 36
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Slices Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |