Imperial Pudding Recipe
Imperial Pudding Recipes
1 oz butter
8 oz plain flour
2 oz shredded suet
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 raw potato
2 oz currants or raisins
1 tbsp golden syrup
few drops of lemon essence
- Grease a 2 pint pudding basin.
- To make the pastry ,rub the butter
into the flour, then mix in the suet, salt, baking powder and grated
- Add enough cold water to mix to a
- To make the filling, grate the
apples and mix with the dried fruit, syrup and lemon essence.
- Divide the pastry into four.
- Roll out one piece large enough to
fit in the bottom of the pudding basin.
- Cover it with one third of the
filling, keeping it away from the edges of the pastry.
- Brush the uncovered pastry edges
- Roll out the seconds piece of
pastry, large enough to cover the filling.
- Place it in the pudding basin,
pressing it onto the first layer of pastry.
- Repeat the layers until all the
filling and pastry is used, finishing with a layer of pastry.
- Cover the pudding basin with
greased greaseproof paper, with a pleat down the centre to allow for
expansion, and a pudding cloth or foil.
- Steam for 90-120 minutes.
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |