Lemon Date Tartlets Recipe
Lemon Date Tartlets Recipes
1 oz butter
6 oz dates
1 oz caster sugar
1/2 a lemon
1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200C Gas Mark
- On a lightly floured surface, roll
out the pastry and use to line a tartlet tin, reserve the trimmings.
- Melt the butter and add the dates,
sugar, lemon juice and zest, and the beaten egg.
- Mix well and cook over a low heat
for a few minutes, stirring continuously, until the mixture
- Place a spoonful of the mixture in
each pastry case.
- Roll out the pastry trimmings and
cut them into thin strips.
- Place them over the filling, brush
the pastry strips with milk or beaten egg to glaze.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until
light golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm or cold with cream or
You can purchase the above ingredients here
If you like the above recipe
Subscribe to our newsletter.
More Irish Dessert Recipes
Desserts-Recipes All rights Reserved.
Contact Us |